Houston, Texas – Dr. Michael Bardwil of Houston’s Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists has received many notable awards over the course of his career. Most recently, he has been named the best vein doctor in Houston in 2022 by the readers of Living Magazine. With over 25 years’ experience in vascular medicine, Dr. Bardwil is one of the most experienced, renowned and lauded vascular surgeons in all of Texas.
For this award, Dr. Bardwil was named the best vein doctor in Houston through Living Magazine’s “’Best of’ Reader’s Choice Awards”: where the magazine’s subscribers can cast their vote for a variety of businesses within a range of different industries.
Renowned Vein Specialist
Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists’ state-of-the-art clinic is located in Houston and provides a range of vascular treatment options for numerous vein related issues.
As a board certified vascular surgeon in Houston, Dr. Bardwil uses his experience and expert judgment to ensure his patients receive the highest quality of patient care within this very specialized field of medicine.
Treating Spider Veins
Spider veins are small blue or red vessels that are visible within the surface of the skin and are usually found on the legs, face, neck, or chest. They may be caused following trauma, aging, sun exposure, or due to female hormones like estrogen and progesterone, with the potential to create pain, itching or stinging.
Dr. Bardwil is widely known as a specialist in spider vein treatment; he has extensive knowledge of all current best practices and procedures. After conducting a thorough evaluation, he may recommend one of these treatments:
- Sclerotherapy – This is a process of undergoing multiple injections over several sessions to reduce the appearance of spider veins and their symptoms.
- Foam Sclerotherapy – This form of sclerotherapy involves combining gas with the liquid to make a foam which allows the blood to be displaced better, make more surface area contact, and it results in less risk for skin breakdown.
- Laser – while generally a less favorable treatment option for spider veins, this can be used in conjunction with other methods, such as sclerotherapy, to improve the appearance of leg, face, neck, or chest veins.
- VeinGogh – Utilized on spider veins located on the face, this approach uses an insulated, hair-thin probe, to heat and cauterize the spider veins.
It is estimated that up to 40% of women and 20% of men in Houston will develop varicose veins in their lifetime. Over his career, Dr. Bardwil has earned a reputation for being a reliable and effective varicose vein doctor.
Appearing as ropey, blue vessels visible under the skin, varicose veins can cause swelling, itching, tenderness, pain, and fatigue.
There are several procedures offered at Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists to eliminate the superficial veins that cause the appearance and symptoms of varicose veins, these are:
- Endovenous Ablation – Through utilizing heat to eliminate the saphenous vein, it can improve swelling, reduce pressure, and shrink varicose veins.
- Microphlebectomy – This process removes the selected veins in small segments through targeted incisions and is best suited for large to medium sized varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy – Intended to get the vein walls to stick together and close, a solution is injected into the patients’ problem areas.
- Compression Hose – Offered to patients who are not candidates for procedures, compression hoses can help reduce swelling and other varicose vein symptoms.
To find out more about Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists and to read their full list of vascular treatments, please visit their website at txvein.com.
Welcome to Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists. Dr. Michael Bardwil, our founder, is a board certified vascular surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in the treatment of veins and addresses issues related to vascular disease.…