Nobody gets into their car expecting to be in an accident. In fact, many of us drive for decades without it even crossing our minds, with experience and confidence growing as each year passes. Yet over 6 million car accidents occur in the U.S every single year, and the likelihood is that if you haven’t been involved in one, you know somebody who has.
Should the unimaginable happen and you’re unfortunately involved in a collision that wasn’t your fault, no matter big or small, would you or did you know what to do? This can be an incredibly stressful time and it goes without saying that your wellbeing and safety should be the priority. Yet if you’re looking to claim damages or protect your rights then there are some very important things you must do to safeguard your position.
Tim Mazzela is perhaps best placed to advise. With over two decades of experience as a car accident lawyer Fresno, California is his home and he’s helped those involved in everything from rear-end collisions to drunk driving accidents recover more than $43,000,000 since 1994.
In Tim’s words, here’s what you should do both before and after being involved in a car accident:
- Safety first; seeking medical assistance (if required) should be your first point of call
Your health and wellbeing should be the priority. Some accidents are easy to walk away from, and unfortunately others aren’t.
No matter what, determine if medical assistance is needed and if so, call 911. Get to the safest location possible away from oncoming traffic and other hazards.
- Document, document, document; get your facts and evidence early on
Should you wish to seek damages, whether that’s to cover the cost of vehicle repairs or for physical and emotional rehabilitation. you should document the following:
- You must get a police report
- Take photographs of the driver’s license and insurance information of all those involved in the accident
- If psychically capable, gain witness information, such as their name, address, and phone number
- Take photographs, from a safe place, of the accident scene
- Take notes on your phone recollecting what happened
- Understand what you can be compensated for when injured in a car accident
Are you considering seeking compensation? It’s important to understand what damages can be fought for, and this is split into two categories:
- Economic damages, which California law recognizes as past and future medical expenses, wage loss, surgeries, loss of earning capacity, loss of household services, modifying your home to accommodate a disability, out of pocket expenses.
- Non-Economic damages, which California law recognizes as the impact on your personal and professional life, family relationships, disfigurement, pain, suffering, inconvenience, or the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Call the best car accident lawyers Fresno, CA, whether you managed to pull together evidence or not, as soon as possible
There are many advantages to hiring an attorney immediately after the accident takes place. Not only will they document the evidence to determine the level of investigation needed, helping you to develop your case and protect your rights, but they’ll also:
- Interview witnesses and record testimonies
- Shield and protect you from the harassment and tactics of the defendant’s insurance company
- Help you seek the medical treatment you require and advise on how to get your car repaired/hire a rental
- Provide you with higher settlement offers and determine whether the settlement is fair and reasonable based on their industry experience
Have you been involved in a car accident?
Tim Mazzela is a Fresno car accident lawyer who’s there for you in your time of need. You pay nothing until your case is won. With that in mind, it makes complete sense to reach out and seek the advice of the best car accident lawyers Fresno, CA 2021 for guidance on how to seek compensation and protect your rights.
Available 24 hours a day to meet with you by phone, via video chat, or in person, Tim Mazzella has a plethora of fantastic reviews and a history of winning cases of all shapes and sizes. Most importantly, he connects not just with the facts, but with you as a person.
Since 1994 Fresno Personal Injury Attorney, Tim Mazzela has represented injured people and fought large insurance companies or corporations responsible for causing the harm. If you have been hurt in an accident and suffer from serious injuries, call or click today for a free consultation: https://www.autoinjuryfresno.com/.
Accidents happen. People get injured. Life has unexpected turns. When you choose personal injury attorney, Tim Mazzela, you can focus on your recovery, worry-free. His proven history of getting excellent results is seen in his case victories and client’s satisfaction.
(559) 297 1118