Construction adhesives (commonly referred to as glue or paste) are used to create a bond between a wide range of surfaces including wood, metal, tiles and concrete. These adhesives are incredibly useful and versatile, and are useful in a variety of projects from installing a tile backsplashes to laying new carpets.
Solseal is a respected company with over 20 years’ experience and loads of specialist construction knowledge, meaning they know exactly how to help customers like you to purchase the best products for the job at hand. Solseal stocks a wide variety of high-quality hybrid sealants & adhesives, so you can rely on them to offer the very best products from trusted brands like Everbuild, Sika and Mapei – all at competitive rates! What’s more, the Solseal team aim to have your order on site as soon as the next day, saving you both time and money on your project. Get in touch with them today to learn more!
Choosing the right adhesive
When undertaking any bonding project, you should always use the correct type of adhesive to get the best results. However, this is sometimes easier said than done – from polymer adhesives to fire resistant adhesives, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the product choices on the market today. So, how do you know which adhesive is the right one for you?
Well, there’s a lot to consider when trying to find the perfect adhesive to use in your construction project. It’s worth knowing that there are two main types: natural (traditional adhesives that occur naturally) and synthetic (more recent adhesives from the 20th century that are an-made). Natural adhesives are more environmentally friendly than synthetic ones and often cost less, but synthetic ones tend to be more resistant to chemicals, moisture and heat. Other factors to consider when choosing an adhesive are:
- Adhesive properties
- Always think about what you will be using the adhesive for and what properties are essential
- For example, if you want to perform internal and external perimeter pointing on a boat, you will likely need an adhesive with waterproofing properties (Solseal recommends Everbuild Stixall Extreme Power for this type of project)
- Environmental conditions
- Have you considered what conditions your adhesive will be subjected to in its environment? This has a significant influence on which adhesive you should choose!
- For example, if you need a durable adhesive for an exterior project, you should pick an adhesive that’s UV and weather resistant (Solseal recommends Sika Multi Stick).
- Surface type
- It’s always best to choose an adhesive that has been formulated to meet your chosen substrate surfaces’ needs
- If you need to bond two different materials with different properties, it’s best to use multi-purpose adhesives (Solseal recommends Sika Sikaflex EBT adhesive for impressive results)
If you’re still unsure about which type of construction adhesive you need, get in touch with the Solseal team and they’ll happily offer you expert advice tailored to your project.
Based in South Wales with distribution hubs across the UK, Solseal supply customers with premium-quality specialist grouts, sealants and adhesives from a range of popular brands.
To discover more information or to browse the wide range of products on offer, head over to the website at https://www.solseal.co.uk/. Alternatively, if you have an enquiry you can get in touch by calling 0845 177 0666.
About Solseal Limited
Solseal are a family run distribution company with over 20 years of experience, focusing on specialist grouts, concrete repair mortars, adhesives and sealant products for the construction industry. Our staff are fully trained, have a wealth of knowledge on all…
Contact Solseal LimitedUnit 16a Norman Way, Severn Bridge Industrial Estate
Monmouthshire [Sir Fynwy GB FYN] NP26 5PT
0845 177 0666