Having fresh clean clothes to wear each day may be a privilege that you don’t give a second thought to. However, for the unhoused in LA, it’s a stark reminder of their living conditions and a trait that limits their opportunities.
So, imagine if companies who share the same socially conscious ethics decide to provide laundry services to those in need during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Would it help to restore a sense of pride and optimism and provide a small steppingstone for getting back on their feet?
That’s exactly what ‘The Laundry Truck LA’ and ‘Advertise Purple’ have done, the first being the driving force behind the project and the second offering donations and partnership in order to help the project expand into more areas across the US.
How it works and the impact it’s having during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- It Started with a Bold Idea to Put Profits Back into Helping Those in Need
- DOLAN clothing company understand the importance of clothes and the impact they can have on your self-esteem and way of life.
- Jodie Dolan, the founder of DOLAN clothing, wanted to make a difference to her community, and one thing that came up time and time again was that unhoused people didn’t have a place or the funds to do laundry.
- Jodie launched ‘The Laundry Truck LA’, a free laundry service that travels around offering a clothing cleaning service to unhoused families, men, women, and children.
- Donations from Likeminded Businesses Help the Project to Grow
- If you’re the owner of a philanthropic business such as ‘Advertise Purple’, it’s a no brainer to support local causes that make a real impact on the lives of so many, such as this.
- After an invitation to speak on a ZOOM call, Jodie Dolan gave a presentation to Advertise Purple that highlighted the aims of the mission that they’ve set out to achieve, including testimonials from those who it has helped.
- Advertise Purple jumped at the chance to support these efforts, providing a donation of $1,680.
- The Truck Travels Around Making a Humble and Lasting Impact on Lives
- Even during the Covid-19 pandemic the service continues to support the local unhoused community, just as it did before, and will continue to do afterwards.
- Volunteers and staff wear masks, abiding by CDC guidelines, with heavy sanitation of all tools and machinery.
- Those who use the service say it helps them to feel pride and respect and can even open the door to getting back on their feet. With fresh clean clothes, confidence is much higher when attending job interviews, meeting new people, and even simply buying groceries.
How can you follow in Advertise Purple’s footsteps and support such a great cause?
The Laundry Truck LA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is changing lives through fundraising and volunteering. To support such a cause, you can choose to donate or volunteer your time in LA. However, to have a long lasting impact, follow in the footsteps of Advertise Purple and reach out the founders, choose to invest in their mission and ethics, and help in the expansion of this great project so that the ‘LA’ in the name becomes ‘USA’ sooner rather than later.
The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that in times of great struggle, people come together. From small acts of kindness to global monetary gestures to support and provide for those in need, many can be proud of the impact that they are making on getting us through a tough time in our history.
Advertise Purple is the leader in affiliate management and the nation’s number one affiliate management agency. Devising strategies driven by data and proprietary affiliate management tools, since 2011 they’ve successfully facilitated affiliate growth and management for today’s leading e-commerce companies. To learn more, visit the website: https://www.advertisepurple.com/
With over 9 years of successful industry management experience and $22 million dollars in affiliate revenue driven, Advertise Purple is revered by affiliate networks and top affiliates as the leading affiliate management company online. Our approach is to ensure our…
Contact Advertise Purple – Santa Monica2200 Michigan Ave STE A
424 272 7400