The Attorneys of Albertson & Davidson Answer common inheritance questions in a new video series called “Ask 2 Lawyers”.  The California inheritance attorneys have created issues related to fighting for your inheritance.

The California trust litigation attorneys Keith Davidson & Stewart Albertson answer common questions in their new Albertson & Davidson Ask 2 Lawyers video series.

According to inheritance law, it governs the rights of a decedent’s survivors to inherit property. When it comes down to a surviving spouse, he or she may be able to claim an inheritance despite what you may have written into your will.

However, this statutory right of a surviving spouse depends on whether a state follows the community property or common law approach to spousal inheritance. For example, children, and occasionally grandchildren, also have a right to claim an inheritance when a parent or grandparent dies.

The California attorneys Albertson & Davidson have sectioned the inheritance questions into three headings:

  • Trust accountings
  • Hiring a lawyer
  • Beneficiary rights

For the heading – Trust accountings, the lawyers first question in their Ask 2 lawyers video series is – How does a beneficiary get a trust accounting?

Stewart Albertson and Keith A. Davidson give their expertise on how a Trust beneficiary can request a trust accounting. They mention that all current beneficiaries, income, and principal beneficiaries, are entitled to an accounting of the trust assets. However, it depends if the trust waives that right or not.

For their second heading – Hiring a lawyer, the California attorney has listed a vital question, which is, What happens if two different people petition to administer an intestate estate?

Albertson & Davidson talk about what happens if two people petition to become an administrator or executor of the estate of a person who did not leave a will.

According to the California lawyers, a petition must be filed with the appropriate probate court. The petitioner usually gets signed acknowledgments from the other heirs who are in support of the petition. The process is much easier if all the heir sign as it will go through the court unopposed.

Finally, for the Beneficiary rights section of the Ask 2 lawyers video series, one of the questions listed is – Should someone notify me when the trust changes? Albertson & Davidson discuss whether you should be notified when a change is made to your parent’s Trust document.

You should be notified, as all beneficiaries are required to be reported from when the probate court declares the will as valid within three months.

Although notification generally occurs much sooner. Specific wills are explicitly structured to avoid probate. There are ways to do this, such as setting up joint tenancy or making a will payable upon death.

At Albertson & Davidson, LLP, the Trust, and Will trial lawyers have the knowledge and experience to deal with sensitive and challenging situations, at the same time securing a result that their clients are pleased with.

Fortunately, the law firm’s primary focus in this area of law, and the trial attorneys showcase their skills regularly in courtrooms all across California.

By hiring a California inheritance lawyer from Albertson & Davidson, LLP., it will alleviate much of the stress involved with the probate or inheritance process. For more information, please call the law firm at 213 670 7940.

SOURCE: The News Front [Link]

Albertson & Davidson Attorneys Answer Inheritance Questions in “Ask 2 Lawyers”

About Albertson & Davidson, LLP – El Segundo

Founded in 2008, Albertson & Davidson serves abused beneficiaries who are facing financial battles over trusts, wills, and probate matters in California. Our team of seven estate attorneys has extensive courtroom experience successfully litigating complex and often emotionally charged legal issues.Albertson & Davidson, LLP

Contact Albertson & Davidson, LLP – El Segundo
400 Continental Blvd., 6th Floor
El Segundo
California 90245
United States
213 670 7940